среда, 25 июня 2014 г.

I checked with Amex and verified that car rentals in Mexico are covered and includes liability. So y


I know that this has been discussed in the past. I have used Budget in La Paz with hefty insurance fees. Will most likely be traveling for Cabo (SLP) in the future, flights connecting from PDX to LAX to LAP are becoming difficult and expensive.
For the week including the insurance etc. the only thing that sucks is that most rental cars are white and that says try to rip me off if you can. All worked good and the return was simple. I would use them again but like always on here some will disagree!! Next time I just might have playa central pick me up a d save the whole car issue. Gettin that time to start lookin south for some warmer winter hotels discount tokyo weather:-)!!
Per Mexican hotels discount tokyo law the rental companies must include basic liability insurance, hotels discount tokyo that is a legal requirement for them to rent cars. It is included in the rate. All will tell you basic liability coverage is not included and then require you to purchase supplemental liability coverage. Typical cost $10-$15/day for the supplemental insurance, as much as the car.
I checked with Amex and verified that car rentals in Mexico are covered and includes liability. So you really don't need to purchase additional liability hotels discount tokyo from the rental companies. The problem is all the car rental companies are playing the same game and refusing to rent unless you purchase hotels discount tokyo the supplemental liability coverage. They will not let you decline.
When I fought (and lost) my battle with Thrifty, they wanted a letter from Amex that states they cover 3rd party liability. It must be from AMEX or the CC company and must say 3rd party liability. Its a scam, but if you work on it ahead of time, you can get a letter from Amex, not sure about Visa or MC.
Advantage did not care what proof of insurance I had. The guy at the counter said their policy is you have to take the supplemental liability or they would not rent. It added $500 to the cost of the rental. Total scam but it is the game everyone plays.
You are going to be stuck with supp liability. Decline everything else assuming your cc covers you. My Alaska card does-- most non-basic cc do. In general, if you get a car for 30-40 ish per day all fees inclusive you're doing fine _________________ I only kite if I am alone, or with somebody else.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You can attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий