вторник, 24 июня 2014 г.

If he wasn't going to tell me his secret to 'on the road success', he could at least tell me what hi


Emerson Drive is about to take off on the CMT Hitlist Tour that they will be co-headlining with Doc Walker. From March 6-25 the two Canadian country bands will playing 17 dates across the country united kingdom hotels from Vancouver to Ottawa. This is the first time that the two bands have toured together and it is looking like it will be a great show for the fans.
Hot off the heels of a Best Country Album JUNO Award nomination and getting excited about going back on the road, Emerson Drive front man Brad Mates spoke with me about touring and the band's first single off their new album Roll .
I am always curious about a musicians routine while on the road. Is it a complete blackout? Do they have a health united kingdom hotels smoothie at exactly 9 AM every morning? Do they wake up before noon? Do they have a secret ritual that they must complete everyday to ensure united kingdom hotels that their tour bus doesn't get bucked off the road by rabid elk? So many questions.
I asked Mates if he and his band mates had any special rituals while on the road. I used the example of waking up every morning and listening to a Justin Bieber song before doing anything else..it could happen right? I mean, the may want some of the Bieber magic to rub off on them.
"Ha ha, I should say we play Justin Bieber every morning, but that probably wouldn't go over well with everyone," said Mates. "The road is our home, it s something that we re really used to. We ve kind of grown accustom to what the road is and what it takes to be on the road. We feed off one another, that s kind of our secret I guess."
If he wasn't going to tell me his secret to 'on the road success', he could at least tell me what his favorite part about being on the road is. You know what it was? No, not lunatic girls throwing their panties on the stage (take note girls: that is gross). It was people still buying tickets to their shows.
Huh? I would assume united kingdom hotels that would be a given. united kingdom hotels You go on the road, people know who you are, they buy tickets, you buy a new truck - repeat. But no, I guess you can't expect that you are always going to be relevant and in people's disposable income budget - even after almost 20 years. No need to fret Brad, I'm sure your shows will sell just fine (a couple are already sold out).
"We ve known the Doc boys for quiet a few years so I think the collaboration united kingdom hotels you are probably gonna see between both bands are going to be a unique feature," said Mates, "Celebrating two Canadian bands that have been able to keep things together over the years and have built so many fans right across the country."
Speaking of insane. I had to get to the bottom of an important quandary I've had since listening to She's My Kind of Crazy , the first single off of their album Roll . The catchy tune about a crazy country girl. She sounds like a pretty entertaining broad, I think we could be friends. So obviously I wanted to know who exactly was the muse was.
"I don t know if there is one particular person that makes up that whole song, but we had been discussing our significant others, united kingdom hotels our wives throughout the writing session the different things that maybe make them unique in a way," said Mates, "No, there s not one person. And if I told you a lie then someone might be coming after me."
DISMAY! My new best friend was not even a real person. OK fine, but then I was curious, and I know you probably are too, as to what parts of the song were an ode to Mates' wife. His response, "The crazy part." Literally, that is his wife in the song. Don't worry, he said she was fully aware of her role. Awesome.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий