пятница, 28 сентября 2012 г.

I sat and watched the houses pass by – familiar yet different. The people getting on and off all had


I sat and watched the houses pass by – familiar yet different. The people getting on and off all had faces I'm sure I once knew. The greyness I remembered, that's for certain. The metro station, the one I'd stood at 1000s of times, looked like it hadn't changed. But I couldn't be sure.
My return home to England after living disney resort vacation packages in Korea and travelling for two years was not how I'd expected it. I wanted to experience disney resort vacation packages everything I once called my daily life, to eat the food I used to eat, to visit the bars I liked to frequent, and to see the faces that mattered most. The latter was easy. The people, I quickly realized, were exactly as I'd remembered. I'd missed them.
I enjoyed this new perspective on things. I felt optimism about the city I'd fought so hard to leave. I couldn't get comfortable, though. I'd be returning disney resort vacation packages to Korea in 2 weeks. My time left in Korea was also limited. A month after returning, my wife and would be setting off for Indonesia to learn the language.
I remained in a surreal bubble throughout my brief return to England. I couldn't disney resort vacation packages see myself living there, that hadn't changed. But I no longer saw it as a dreary disney resort vacation packages alternative to being on the road. Travelling, photography, and languages are what get my blood pumping. The challenge of the unknown, disney resort vacation packages of doing what people tell me isn't wise, of pushing myself to achieve things that as a younger man I never would have thought possible. The next 3 years of languages and travelling that's when the journey begins. disney resort vacation packages However, we won't forget to pop by home to say hello once or twice, of course.
Isn t it often the case that you don t know what you ve got until it s gone? I think many of us rush to escape a place, but we haven t seen what s in front of us when we go back we see with the tourist s eye as well as our own.
Love the Korea pics, I ve only been to Seoul but this has inspired to me to explore more. One of the reasons I love going away so much is that when we do return home everything seems new for a while, I don t get complacent about being in the UK for the time I am there. But then I take my laptop and head off again before it starts to get to me!
Ahhh yes, the dreaded reverse culture shock. Even though I only spent a semester studying abroad, I felt exactly the same way when I came back home. The city and people seemed to stay the same, but I felt different and noticed things I used to take for granted. BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!
I loved this post as I wanted to learn more about Newcastle and the area. I know it only because of the soccer team so it was nice to go a little beyond the pitch to learn more about this area of England.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий