пятница, 28 сентября 2012 г.

While US Airways doesn t seem to have their entire act together, customer service has always taken g


I broke one of my New Year s resolutions when I booked a flight to Florida on US Airways. With a personal batting average of roughly 80% on US Airways irrops, I had started to assume that irregular operations are the standard port of miami car rental for this particular port of miami car rental airline.  I realize this isn t the case for everyone, but it s hard to book a flight with a certain airline when your track record implies you re almost certain to be delayed. On the other hand, for a round trip ticket at less that $60 , it s hard not to book.
I gave in to the temptation of an impulsive trip down south, with  double miles on top of that, and found myself giving port of miami car rental US Airways a second (okay, more like twentieth) chance which brings me to my love/hate relationship.
port of miami car rental I ve already alluded to the hate part of this equation with delays, delays, delays!  Somehow, I am particularly prone to delays with US Airways and usually I m talking port of miami car rental about 1-3 hours, not just a brief holdup.  At first I thought my problem wasn t with US Airways, but with the fact I was always on regional port of miami car rental jets routed through Philadelphia s Terminal F.  I wish it were that simple, but eventually other experiences proved that this issue was more widespread.  In fact, on this particular trip I had two nonstop flights, both of which were delayed (and neither of which went through PHL).  On a trip where I was only scheduled to have 18 hours on the ground, these delays represented losing 20-25% of my already brief vacation, possibly more since the mechanical delay was initially indefinite .
While US Airways doesn t seem to have their entire act together, customer service has always taken good care of me.  Gate agents and flight attendants are friendly and helpful and phone agents are readily available. port of miami car rental  I like flying US Airways port of miami car rental (when I m actually in the air!) since I find their flights comfortable enough, and their schedules and prices always seem to align with my plans.  On this particular port of miami car rental trip, I received some phenomenal customer service with agents going out of their way to provide options they are not required to within their contract of carriage.
For starters, my outbound flight was indefinitely delayed for a mechanical problem.  I figured that meant I d be stuck at Washington Reagan for at least an hour (and possibly quite a bit longer) while they sorted things out instead of heading south to sunny Florida.  I decided I had nothing to lose, so I asked the gate agent politely if it was possible to head out on the flight departing to Pensacola instead, since it was leaving on time and was only 50 miles from my intended destination.  It was a long shot, but at the very least I figured I might be able to get an update on when my intended flight might be heading out.  Amazingly, the agent re-ticketed port of miami car rental me, essentially treating Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola port of miami car rental as co-terminals.  That is far above and beyond what I expected, and a tremendous show of customer service.
After that change, US Airways was in my good graces until the next day when my alarm went off at 4am so I could make it to my early morning flight.  I checked the flight status to see how quick of a shower I d need to take and realized port of miami car rental my flight had been delayed by four hours for a crew rest issue.  That s more consistent with how my luck on US Airways normally goes!  Unfortunately, I knew there was a small probability of the flight actually leaving on time if they could get an alternate crew in, which meant I d still have to get to the airport and twiddle my thumbs for several hours just in case.  Since I had been so fortunate the day before, I thought I d roll the dice one more time and call US Airways to see if there was anything they could do.  With no hesitation at all, the phone agent was happy to rebook me on a later flight that would depart on time so I wouldn t have to sit around and wait all morning.  It worked out perfectly and I ended up getting a little port of miami car rental more sleep than I had planned on.
Neither of these changes were required, but by simply asking (politely and with no expectation of receiving anything), they were able to accommodate me at no charge.  That s far beyond what I am entitled to and meant that I didn t actually have to wait out any delays at the airport. port of miami car rental  No doubt about it, US Airways was able to solve the problems I found myself in.  Unfortunately, nothing like this is ever guaranteed and I happened to be lucky that there was even space available on alternate flights.  I very well could have been sitting and waiting at the airport a situation I ve found myself in many, many times.
The people at US Airways have really made my experience a good one, but only because I was proactive enough to present alternatives, make a request, and be flexible with my other arrangements. port of miami car rental  While weather delays are unavoidable, I ve felt like US Airways has dropped the ball on a few other issues as well.  I m giving them yet another chance later this fall and hope this time they ll deliver a stellar experience right off the bat.
We got in on the DCA-YUL deal and I am happy to report both legs went out without a hitch. USAir check in in Montreal even went out of their way to take care of me when I mis-judged driving time and showed up to check in 50 minutes before takeoff. Considering it was an Intl flight, I was expecting to get the door slammed in my face, but the cheery agent re-assured me we were fine.
I feel about Delta the way you feel about US airways. Granted, I only get stuck on delta 25-50% of the time. But it s gotten to the point that when I take a afternoon flight home from a meeting in ATL, I don t expect to get back into NYC until 1 or 2 in the morning. I once decided to take an overnight port of miami car rental bus home from Pittsburgh because of a Delta delay.
@Kay, that s really funny since my Delta flights usually end up pretty close to on time (but NYC flights in general port of miami car rental are a whole different story). More on this trip report coming, then Alaska, then a yet-to-be-determined location, then Morocco. That s it for 2012 unless you find me a hidden port of miami car rental stash of miles LOL.
Neither of those changes were above and beyond. Any airline should cheerfully move you to a nearby airport or a later/earlier flight whenever port of miami car rental there s IRROPS. United does it all the time for me and my (non-1K) family.
I'm just a girl in her 20s with a huge case of wanderlust. I want to see the world - and I need a little help from discounts and promotions to make it happen! This is my quest to earn free travel in a realistic way. I'll grab the easy airline miles and hotel points for award redemptions, and look for ways to save money while paying for the rest. I'm ready to get out and explore, and am looking forward to all the adventures waiting for me! It might be softcore miles, but it's definitely hardcore travel.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий