среда, 31 октября 2012 г.

I went from Milan Genoa, Genoa Florence, Florence Venice, and Venice MilanMalpensa in February and h


I am looking for some forum safety advice. I am a seasoned traveller to Italy, familiar with the trains and ticketing, etc. However, for my upcoming trip in November, I will be "solo" and travelling distances with luggage (ie. Genoa to Stuttgart). Prior trips were either chicago cubs tickets online with a companion, or day trips without luggage, so leaving the compartment chicago cubs tickets online to use the restroom, etc. was never an issue.
My question is if it is reasonable safe to leave your luggage (locked) or should I travel chicago cubs tickets online wtih a bike lock or someting to chain it up while I run to the toliet? (I'm laughing as I am typing this and thinking perhaps I should just by some Depends....). In this day in age, asking someone to "watch chicago cubs tickets online your bag" is not often an option.
In all seriousness, I am aware that there are "gypsies" chicago cubs tickets online that are more than willing to help you board your luggage, and I'd hate the thought of leaving for 5 minutes and finding it "gone." I only travel with a carryon, and a small sachtel("You bring it, you sling it!") and use first class whenever possible.
The advice chicago cubs tickets online to take to the bathroom everything you would hate to lose -- your passport, computer, camera chicago cubs tickets online -- but ask a fellow passenger to watch your luggage is good. Also good advice to use the facilities before boarding the train, or just when you leave the station.
chicago cubs tickets online I have a bike lock that has a cable almost as thin (but not quite) as the retractable ski cable that I take and use when traveling by train, chicago cubs tickets online since it can slip through quite a few backs and the luggage rack, and is very lightweight.
But are you in a single sleeping compartment that has a lock? You mentioned "compartment" -- if that's the case, I don't see any reason to lock it up inside a locked compartment chicago cubs tickets online (although I'd still take my purse).
I can understand your apprehension, I have travelled chicago cubs tickets online solo for some time by choice and have never had a problem in Europe on trains chicago cubs tickets online with my luggage. If you are seated near a few people who are not travelling all together in a compartment I'm quite sure one of them will not try to lift your bag when the others know it is not theirs. Sounds a bit corny but true. Also not everyone is a suspect thief and I've always chicago cubs tickets online managed chicago cubs tickets online to pinpoint someone I thought I could trust for the short time it takes to find the 'loo'. Geuinine and honest people are very helpful chicago cubs tickets online when travelling solo and thank goodness there are still plenty chicago cubs tickets online out there.I have travelled solo in France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Holland and Germany on trains and they are my favourite form of transport over there. Just keep your valuables on you at all times but I'm sure we don't need to remind you of that. Have a great time.
The EC train between Milan/Zurich (is that your route?) will be more like Trenitalia's AV trains - open seating. Your luggage can slide in behind your seat unless you are in a seat at the end of the car without a table.
I traveled first class on FrecciaBianca from Milan to Genova (the line runs both ways) and I highly recommend it over the old IC trains. which still have uncomfortable compartments. Nobody is going to steal your luggage on that FrecciaBianca line. It only makes a very few stops and the cars are completely open to view with lots of train personnel on them, and plenty of trustworthy fellow passengers. And they have cleaner bathrooms.
I doubt the OP can wait until after 1 pm to catch a Frecciabianca train (the earliest departure shown on Trenitalia is 13:12) and still make connections to Zurich and Stuttgart in one day. There are multiple early departures for IC or R trains, none shown for Frecciabianca.
Too bad. I hate those old trains with first class compartments. Sometimes 2nd class is actually more comfortable than first, especially in November, when air conditioning is not an issue. However, but not to count on working toilets.
Thanks everyone for you great input. I'm not paranoid and I have taken the Genoa Milan train before. And heavens, I my crossbody purse never leaves me. Right now, it will be the Milan Zurich connection, unless I decide to change everything and take an overnight train Florence Munich.
I went from Milan Genoa, Genoa Florence, Florence Venice, chicago cubs tickets online and Venice MilanMalpensa in February and honestly, never had a problem with the train toliets. Not my first choice, certainly, but hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий