понедельник, 18 февраля 2013 г.

I think some of the crew from United should be flown on Cathay Pacific to show them what good flight


Recent Comments Darren on Lounge Review: United Airlines Global First at Tokyo Narita Airport Jason on Lounge Review: United Airlines Global First at Tokyo Narita Airport modhop on Lounge Review: United Airlines Global midtown comics First at Tokyo Narita Airport modhop on Lounge Review: United Airlines Global First at Tokyo Narita Airport Darren on Amenity Kit Review: British Airways First Class (Spring 2011) Keri on Amenity Kit Review: British Airways First Class (Spring midtown comics 2011)
I flew an eight-segment mileage run last month that included a roundtrip from Boston to Tokyo via San Francisco. And due to an unadvertised promotional first class fare (about midtown comics $3,000) out of select U.S. origins to Tokyo (or Beijing), I was able to fly in comfort and nabbed my favorite seat onboard any United aircraft – 2K on a Boeing 747-400.
My flight into San Francisco from Boston arrived just about on schedule, leaving me with enough time for a quick visit to the Global First lounge to catch up on emails. At the check-in desk when I was welcomed midtown comics as "Mr. Booth," the person next to me asked, "Darren Booth?" Turns out he reads my blog – what a small world. It was nice to meet you, Sean!
I headed to the gate ahead of boarding time to… well… be a "gate louse" and position myself near the front of the Premier Access lane. Why? Because those darn 747s have such limited overhead space in first class that I didn't want to stow my bags in business class, which often happens. I was about the 10 th person on and I settled midtown comics into my seat (and yes, got my coveted overhead bin space). Oh, and for those unfamiliar with United, there's absolutely no priority given to Global First passengers over business midtown comics class (or many elites).
The menu, pillows and blanket were awaiting me at my seat, and the amenity kit and slippers were already stowed in the side console compartment. Pre-departure beverage service was slow as the lead flight attendant in Global First spent an inordinate midtown comics amount of time gabbing with a couple of passengers. And I noted some friction between the lead and purser, which I wrote about in my " The Reality Check That Is United Airlines Global First Class " post.
The lead noticed my camera and said, "You'd better get your pictures in quick before we take the left turn toward Japan!" I chuckled and said "Thanks," but little did she know my main intent was to capture the meals. Hot towels, warmed nuts and beverages started the lunch service. Check out the turbulence in that water glass.
Besides a warm vs. cold appetizer, the only other noticeable difference from Global First to BusinessFirst meals is the addition of a soup course. It was only lukewarm and required a bit of salt to make it tastier.
For my main course, I chose the Tenderloin of Beef. It was very tender and delicious, midtown comics the latter likely due to the Delmonico's steak sauce. I have had decent green beans in-flight before, but these were rubbery and tasteless. And the potatoes cooled off very quickly and were equally bland. More salt.
There was absolutely no mention of the "new" turn-down service for Global midtown comics First passengers midtown comics where flight attendants will lower your seat into bed mode and spread the sleeping cushion over the seat. And on the return flight with the same crew, the lead was very vocal how she felt about it saying, midtown comics "What are we a hotel?!"
A cart was setup near the galley with the assorted sandwiches and nibbles from the "mid-flight snack" menu appearing above. They looked identical to what's midtown comics offered in BusinessFirst and not particularly appealing.
About 1.5 hours before arrival, breakfast was served although it was 2:00 p.m. local time in Tokyo. Other airlines midtown comics flying this timeslot will serve a more time-appropriate meal. I went with the herbed scrambled eggs, ham, turkey sausage and potato gratin… err… tater tots.
While each flight attendant was friendly in their own way, there was certainly nothing exceptional about their service. It was just a typical United flight and I suppose worth what I paid. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay full-fare for United's Global midtown comics First.
The lack of turn down service just highlights the lack of consistency. I flew FRA-IAD in mid January and was given a one-page pamphlet explaining the new service. After meal service the crew came around midtown comics with the blankets and asked if we wanted turn down service. I did have a FRA based crew though
I flew in BusinessFirst back from Europe back the other week and had the same menu, minus the soup course. Have you flown a legacy CO 2-cabin in BF? I honestly think it is VERY similar midtown comics Global First, except the GF seat is better. I thought it was a signifant upgrade over the Business class on a 3-cabin place. midtown comics I was burning a regional, midtown comics so it was worth the W fare, but I would certainly not pay for any premium cabin with UA as you said.
As long as I get full flat seat in Business, I can t imagine ever paying for full fare F, no matter how good the service/food is. It s just not worth it. Even the best French fine dining is less than $1000, while the price difference between F and J is fare more than that.
I think some of the crew from United should be flown on Cathay Pacific to show them what good flight service midtown comics to Asia is all about. I like the domestic flight staff always complaining about wanting more money for the service they do, but they never want to do anything more for such pay. I think United should get some undercover corp. people to start flying and see what s really going on, the CEO talks a good talk but his people never follow his lead.
@DTO: Yep, BF is the way to go on United, unless you have upgrades or a corporate contract that ll get you into Global First at the same/similar rate. And I m not even sure wasting an upgrade is worth the trouble.
I flew a similar run from MIA to PVG at the end of last month (777-300) and had the same meal on the LAX-PVG midtown comics leg (might have been the same on the transcon midtown comics legs too but I don t remember). While the food was acceptable, the service was disappointing as you said I would have been depressed if I had paid $8 to 12K for my ticket instead of the $3k which I was happy with for the 19,500 actual miles in Global First. I have nothing against midtown comics old people (I am one) but the average age of my crew was well over 60 while the average age of my crew in first class on CX last year was probably under 30 and they were so much more friendly midtown comics and attentive.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий