среда, 26 февраля 2014 г.

So i have found a Really good deal on a TJ that i like alot. Its quite a long ways away but i can ma


I currently own the WJ in my Sig. My GF is in need of a new car before winter and im planing to help her with that. So i have been looking at good used Wjs, zjs, and xjs for her. I have only found a couple good deals and they have been close to 5k (i want no rust and CLEAN). I had pretty much ruled out tjs bcause last time i looked at them they where alot more money. Well i seen a couple for sale and was kinda shocked at the value drop over the last year. So ive been thinking of buying a TJ for myself and giving queen on tour her the Wj.
So i have found a Really good deal on a TJ that i like alot. Its quite a long ways away but i can make the drive to go get it. Also i will have to drive this about 350 miles a week round trip to school and i will have to keep doing that for at least the next 6 months.
It has 35s with 4.10s and a 5 speed. Anyone have any idea on the mileage it would get? I drive is 100% highway about 50% 70mph and the rest 60-65 and more than half of it is perfectly flat land. I currently get about 14-16 in my wj and would not really like to get to far from that with the new jeep.
next subject, cruise control. The jeep doesnt have it. I use it 95% of the time im driving. I have read a couple write ups on installing it and it looks like if your pre wired its easy if not you should live without it. How would i know if it was prewired? My plan is to ask the seller to check this before i buy it lol.
next, tires. it has maxxis treptors or something like that but they are radials? I have never heard of these to tell you the truth. Do they do ok on the road? What about snow? If it comes down to it im sure i can sell them and buy something a little smaller and more road ready like a all terrian but they do look really cool.
There is pretty much no way i can look at this or drive it before i go to buy it which kinda stucks. I have already asked the seller a ton of questions but can you guys think of anything SUPER inportant i need to know? I have never owned a TJ but ive had a xj, wj, and 2 cjs so i know a good bit about jeeps.
queen on tour Im really really excited about this jeep. I like it alot and i think its a good deal which may be a bad thing lol. But as long as it drive ok and it has a hard top i dont think it will be to bad on the highway. Do you guys think they suck on the highway? I know i dont like the flap of soft tops from riding in friends jeeps but from what i remember besides that it wasnt to bad.
There are very few hills on my drive and i pretty much just set the cruise and go, dont ussually queen on tour pass unless its a semi or something. Give me a idea what you think your getting? queen on tour my friend has a 04 with a 4.0 and a auto with 35s and 3.73s and he says he gets 15 at 65 on the highway. if it got that id be happy.
yeah if it comes to that i think ill just regear again. I know how todo it but it would be more just finding time todo it. But it can be a future project. I also have a header and a cold air intake for it if i get it so that might help a little with power. and i have always wanted to build a 4.7 stroker so maybe that can be a future project aswell. I got to school for auto repair so i know a little about cars. Im not really to scared of problems if they come up in the future. But i mean im pretty familiar with jeeps and there really isnt a ton that goes wrong with them that isnt a easy fix. I would deff check it all over before winter hits and make sure there are no u joints or ball joints or antyhign that needs replacing. queen on tour But i dont think it will be too bad. I think its been taken care of pretty well. Oh and it has a 8.8 rear that was installed 1000 miles ago and was rebuilt before install. So i dout there will be any problems with that. And for the front, i already build one narrowed D44 so i might have todo another. (again future project if i get it)
It has a LSD in the rear and a lunchbox up front. my Xj had front and rear lunchbox lockers and i drove that on snowy roads For one winter so i kinda know what to expect there and im not to worried queen on tour about it.
And i have done a few searches about cruise control. I havent really found a solid answer. A couple people said that if you pull the little switch covers off there is a plug if your pre wired. Then One guy said he had those plugs but not the rest of it. So i was just hoping to get a answer. Also how do those little covers come off? Just like a screwdriver under them or something?
You need to remove the airbag queen on tour first to remove the two plastic pieces. You can also see if you are prewired from the pigtail in the engine compartment beneath the brake servo. There should be a free plug for the cruise control queen on tour to plug into. If you don't have that plug chances are the kit will not work even if you get the complete wirring with the kit. I was planning on getting it but my TJ isn't prewired so I ended up installing a hand throttle instead works pretty queen on tour good for a $10 cruise control alternative
It has 35s with 4.10s and a 5 speed. Anyone have any idea on the mileage it would get? I drive is 100% highway queen on tour about 50% 70mph and the rest 60-65 and more than half of it is perfectly queen on tour flat land. I currently get about 14-16 in my wj and would not really like to get to far from that with the new jeep.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий