пятница, 12 декабря 2014 г.

As for the creak free 2009 Sebring Rick, glad your buddy got one that didn t creak, but I drove the


ALG reports that nearly one out of every two Chryslers sold in 2010 went to rental-fleet companies, which is nearly triple the average for non-luxury brands. No doubt the automaker’s Sebring convertible made up a sizable portion. Rent a convertible in a Sunbelt state and odds are good you’ll end up in one: America’s top three rental-car companies, according to industry magazine Auto Rental News, encompass seven brands; six of them rent convertibles and five of the six list Ye Olde Sebring as a primary droptop. That the revamped car, dubbed the 200 convertible, is better than the Sebring convertible is faint praise. The Sebring ’vert suffered travel to asia a creaky travel to asia top, vague steering and the Windows Vista of six-speed automatics . The 200 convertible improves on all of those things, and it should satisfy Florida vacationers well enough. The larger question: Can Chrysler entice more folks in Houston or Los Angeles to pick ones for their own driveways? I’m not so sure.
Based on the 200, which replaces the Sebring sedan, the convertible travel to asia boasts a heavily travel to asia reworked chassis — 22 or 28 suspension bushings were retuned or replaced, Chrysler says — and new drivetrains. At a media introduction in Southern California last week, I drove a Touring trim with Chrysler’s 283-horsepower, 3.6-liter travel to asia Pentastar V-6 and six-speed automatic, a pairing the automaker expects to make up about 90 percent of sales. (There’s also a 173-hp four-cylinder that’s also paired with the six-speed.) With smooth upshifts and a powerful, free-revving engine, the new drivetrain is more capable than last year’s ancient travel to asia 3.5-liter V-6 and clunky six-speed auto. Still, this is no V-6 Mustang. On mountainous desert travel to asia highways outside San Diego, my journalist co-driver and I needed the engine’s full reserves to pull back up to speed. The transmission resisted downshifts until precious moments after my right foot called for them. Chrysler ladled on the power-steering assist, rendering a wheel that’s too soupy to enjoy on a winding road. The car resists pushing too early in corners, but it leans hard enough to take much fun out of really throwing it around. travel to asia As a straight-line cruiser, the 200 convertible fares better. Like the 200 sedan, the convertible rides softly. The chassis flexes a bit over bumps and the suspension can get floaty at times, but it feels as composed as any comfort-oriented $30,000 convertible ought to — and better than before. travel to asia A caveat: I drove only the soft-top 200 convertible. The Limited has an optional folding travel to asia hardtop, which, in the outgoing hardtop Sebring convertible, proved a creaky bedfellow. With either the soft-top or hardtop up, the 200 convertible looks as unwieldy as the Sebring convertible. The rear deck juts out in a lengthy, flat expanse that could launch F-14s. (Miniature ones, but you get the point.) Our test car’s convertible top took 29 seconds to deploy from its quarters, and once the trunk motors back shut, its all-too-noticeable cutline runs inelegantly to the rear-quarter window. The 200’s sleeker nose and taillights are an improvement over the Sebring’s, and the top-down car is easy on the eyes. Leave it up and a lot of Sebring shows through, both outside and in. Cabin materials are largely better than before, and the backseat remains hospitable for adults travel to asia on a short trip, but a lot of Sebring travel to asia pieces — dated trunk release and window controls, rubbery turn-signal stalks — have yet to be banished. Perhaps that’s because cabin and styling work were done in just 12 months rather than the typical two or three years, Chrysler interior design chief Klaus Busse said. Given it was a rush job, the 200 is acceptable and even competitive. But are other Chrysler products — the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger — have received serious development dollars, travel to asia and it shows. Provided Chrysler makes strides on the reliability front, they’ll compete for years to come. The 200 convertible is a better rental travel to asia car, but I have a tough time seeing it compete in 2012 or 2013 or landing in a lot more driveways, not just rental-car travel to asia lots in 2011. Stay tuned for a full review of the 200, which we’ve driven in four-cylinder sedan form, as well.
This car represents everything that is wrong with Chrysler. In 1996, the Sebring convertible was a brief of fresh air, but it was unreliable, travel to asia and the 2001 revision withered on the vine. Of course, the 2008 model was a disaster, and the 2011 revision is just slightly better - that s not saying much...
This review of the 200 biased lacked research. 1st of all the previous Sebring was killed by Daimler, not Chrysler! This new version is substantially travel to asia better improved in every way. The interior has been called world class, which the reporter omitted. This car the 2010 sebring are top awarded safety vehicles on the IIHS awards list. The V6 in this 200 is calss leading award winning has been named 1 of wards 10 best engines in the world for 2011, again omitted by this so called reporter. travel to asia If your going to do a car review how about all the facts, not just opinions that bash a much better higher quality vehicle! How about some real reporting facts instead of your bogus opinion! I m also sure this reporter didn t even test drive this 200! Name another company that offers a better equipped rag-top for the price of the 200???? travel to asia Bad reporting on a competitive vehicle! Go Chrysler!
The writer s observation about the rear deck proportions is no surprise - it s a function of the need to accommodate the folding hardtop. Look at the mid 50s Ford retractables - they look exactly the same and are highly prized collectibles. Look at the BMW 3 series folding travel to asia hardtop - it has the same lengthy trunk lid, but for some reason no one criticizes BMW for that design feature. I like the 200 and IMO think it could be a future collector car.
I wholeheartedly agree with Antonio 311. Obviously, there was bias before the test drive even started. I disagree with the writer s assessment of the creaky top . My neighbor has a 2009 Sebring Limited Retractable hardtop and I rode in this car from Ventura to San Diego without a creak or rattle. travel to asia This crap about the transmission not responding especially travel to asia with the new 3.6L pentastar travel to asia engine is just that, Crap!
To correct you, Daimler had nothing to do with the move from Sebring to 200. That was the new Chrysler run by Fiat. The last redesign of the Sebring however was Daimler and was a huge failure documented travel to asia by every single automotive publication on earth.
And finally, travel to asia unless you were one of the 100 or so journalists invited to test these cars that aren t available to the public I m not sure why our readers should take your word over our reviewer who has seat time in hundreds travel to asia of cars a year.
As for the creak free 2009 Sebring Rick, glad your buddy got one that didn t creak, but I drove the test car we had and it was one of the few cars I ve tested in the past 5 years that you could hear the body flexing as you went up a garage parking lot. Every reviewer noted it.
Except for a front wheel brake-caliper hangup which was a minor repair, I did not have to take a single one in all these years for a repair. I did not have any squeaky top problems with the HT model.
I think it is a real stretch to say I have been lucky. I have only a few hundred miles on my new 2011, but haven t noted any problems. I guess from the bad publicity, I am the only one who is a Sebring and now 200 booster.
I test drove the 200. I am now going to purchase one. I like the hard top convertble alot. I went down to bye a challenger but after seeing the 200 and reconsidering my needs this will work for me. I am 58 and retired. I will use it to tour the country in. When I get done this summer I will trade it in on the srt-8 392.
I bought the 200 h.t.c. and realy like it. I have a little over 750 miles on it.Every one I showed it to likes it. Not a single negative comment so far. Once you learn to anticipate the violent tourqe pull to the right it will run the quarter mile in 14.7 wich is pretty respectable.
Did i mention that i am the guy in Houston that bought one and i like the way it looks in my driveway. These cars are in demand here so some one must be buying them. I see a few black ones on the lots but few of any color. I got the cherry red and realy like it.
This vehicle is much more impressive than the review gives it credit for. I ve driven a 2.4l and the 3.6l and have the same 3.6 in my town and country. For the price, I couldn travel to asia t imagine a better vehicle. An accord can easier run you 7-10k more for the same stuff and less power. To all that hate this vehicle, sucks to be you my friend. I ll gladly take one of these anyday.
I also just bought a soft top convertible 3 weeks ago. Today opened the top and it stated convertible top malfunction . I was able to manually override this to close it again (top works fine now), but now car is stuck in park unless I manually override it by taking travel to asia out the cup holder travel to asia and using a pencil to push a lever... I am not thrilled about having to already take this car in for service. Grrr...
I M 55,driven most all that s to offer,AND I LOVE MY BLACK 2011 200 CONVERTABLE!!!(soft top)ALMOST BOUGHT MUSTANG, ,CAMARO.AT FIRST THE HUGE TRUNK SOLD ME,BIGGEST!NOW THE LOOKS,PERFORMANCE, COMPLIMENTS!WOW!I LOVE IT!!
Try to be civil to your fellow blog readers. This blog is not a fan or enthusiast forum, it is meant to help people during the car-buying process and during travel to asia the time between purchases, so shoppers can keep a pulse on the market.
travel to asia

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий