пятница, 10 апреля 2015 г.

A few days into our trip, while driving down a mountain road, in the rain with 3 children in the veh


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full Privacy Policy .
Before booking the car with Alamo, squirt cruising guide I visited their website to research insurance options. I learned that there are two types of coverages that can be purchased by the renter. The first is PLI (Primary Liability Insurance) which is mandatory that is, UNLESS you purchase squirt cruising guide the CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) in which case the CDW INCLUDES PLI. I printed these policies from the Alamo website and then CALLED Alamo to confirm--they confirmed that if CDW is purchased it INCLUDES PLI (in other words you do not have to purchase both). However, when I went to the rental counter at the SJO Alamo location, I was given a hard-sell squirt cruising guide on purchasing the CDW (which I was planning on buying), but was told that it does NOT include squirt cruising guide PLI and that I if I wanted CDW, I would also have to buy PLI, despite the fact that I had printed confirmation from Alamo stating squirt cruising guide otherwise. I ultimately declined CDW and opted to use the coverage from my credit card.
When it came time to get our car, we watched from the window as the Alamo representative searched and searched squirt cruising guide the lot for our car (Premium SUV). He could not locate our reserved vehicle and then disappeared behind the building. A few minutes later, he appeared in a gold Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. We loaded our group of 6 people into the car and set off on our 3-hour journey to Quepos. After a while, we heard that the brakes made a continual scraping noise while the vehicle was in motion. The brakes were working okay, just seemed noisy.
A few days into our trip, while driving down a mountain road, in the rain with 3 children in the vehicle, the braking system abruptly and completely failed -- pressing the brake pedal did NOTHING!!! squirt cruising guide I was able to avoid other vehicles as I helplessly rolled through a busy intersection unable to stop the vehicle with the brake pedal. I had to use the emergency brake to stop the car. I am certain squirt cruising guide that they got the car from the repair dock when they didn't have our vehicle.
Then, when we returned the car and explained the terrible experience we had, the agent was apologetic and gave us a $41.50 discount on our rental period. He provided me with a detailed receipt and a credit card slip which had a total of US $831.46 for the rental period. HOWEVER, upon my return to the USA, I double checked my credit card and was charged $21.13 OVER what my invoice and credit card slip showed. I had to open a dispute with my credit card to recover squirt cruising guide the overcharge.
We chose Alamo because we have been loyal to them for 20 years. When we picked up our vehicle, Alamo was more concerned about hard-selling us duplicate insurance coverage and was less concerned about issuing squirt cruising guide us a road-safe car. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because the Agency has a US presence and costs more, that you'll be getting a better car. This place should be shut down!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий