вторник, 7 апреля 2015 г.

[ ] Maybe we weren t spending all day gazing lovingly into each other s eyes, but it was a solid rel


Update:   Per this Flyertalk post , Wyndham has now dropped the Wingate by Wyndham down 10,000 points to 35,000 points per night.  That is still a huge increase, but still better than 45K and they did say they would do a better job of communicating in the future.
This devaluation of some redemption options can be described no other way than epic meltdown.  This is why people say that points are worthless because in this case they seemed to have almost made it that way for some folks overnight with no warning and no grace period. I have written about Wyndham Rewards many times over the last year, and while I know many folks were most interested in them to redeem for airline miles, I thought there were fantastic ways to use them for actual hotel stays .  Were being past tense. walking tours of london   Here was the award chart for hotel stays:
You can use your hotel points for free nights at Wyndham walking tours of london family hotels.  Those include: Wingate, Hawthorn, Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Baymont, Mircotel, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, and Knights Inn.  Within the US and Canada, free nights range from 6,000 to 16,000 points per night.
There were some other brands like Dream, Tryp, Night Hotel, and Wyndham properties that use their own award chart that differed from the one above and had more expensive properties.  However, you could book any Wingate, walking tours of london Ramada, etc. in the US or Canada for a max of 16,000 points per night.  In some cases, like in Manhattan at the Ramada New Yorker Hotel or the Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown this resulted in outstanding value.  In fact, I have a review of my parents stay at the Wingate that will be ready in the next day or two.
In doing some research to write that post on the Wingate in Manhattan I noticed the epic meltdown of Wyndham Rewards.  Annual tweaks to rewards programs or redemption prices are normal.  However, what has happened here is not normal (or in my mind acceptable).  As is pointed out in this Flyertalk thread , the Wingate my parents just stayed at for 16,000 points per night has just skyrocketed to 45,000 points per night. Apparently walking tours of london Wingate properties can now be up to 45,000 points on the award chart as that wasn t even possible on the old chart.
A 281% increase in the number of points required with no warning is insane walking tours of london and embarrassing.  What happens to folks that have been loyally walking tours of london saving up their points to take a trip to NYC?  The Ramada New Yorker went up a modest 218% to 35,000 points per night.
The excitement doesn t stop there.  Now you get to call to make reservations for international properties.  I can t swear whether you had to do that before or not, but I never heard about it.  I do know you used to be able to search for international properties and it would tell you how many points were required I assumed you could go ahead and book the hotel, though admittedly I never tried that step. There is still a list of how much the international properties cost here .  I assume those prices are still correct.
The good news is that there are many properties that are still 16,000 points or less including walking tours of london the Days Inn Connecticut Avenue in DC where my parents stayed on points a couple of years ago .  Even the Ramada Place Waikiki is still just 16,000 points.  You can even get a night in Manhattan for just 14,000 points per night, if you are willing to stay on the Upper West Side at the Days Inn New York City Broadway.  The Ramada Eastside is now 25,000 points per night.  Many other locations around the country are still topping out at 16,000 points per night, but if you want to stay in some of the more desirable NYC Wyndham properties be ready to open your points wallet much wider than you needed to a few weeks ago.
The other good news is that airline transfer rates have remained the same (and I am liking that option a bit more than I did in the past).  They are 8,000 Wyndham points: 3,200 airline miles; 17,5000 Wyndham points: 7,000 airline miles; and 30,000 Wyndham points: 12,000 airline miles.  In all cases 2.5 Wyndham points = 1 airline mile.  Some of the airline programs available at that redemption rate include Aeroplan, American Airlines AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Frontier Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles, and United MileagePlus.  Southwest Rapid Rewards points are also available at a transfer rate of 8,000 Wyndham points = 2,400 Rapid Reward points and they have historically been Companion Pass qualifying points.
Clearly hotels have every right to change redemption rates, walking tours of london but is it too much to ask for a little notice or warning?  I have a recent email from Wyndham informing me I can now redeem points for magazines ( meh ), but I couldn t find anything telling me that NYC redemption prices have increased up to 281% since the last time I looked.  That sits even worse with me given their recent promo that touted I could stay one night at a participating property and earn 16,000 points enough for a free night.  Well sure, but not where I want to go.
On the off chance that Wyndham sees this can you please do what other chains like Priority Club are doing and give a grace period of a couple months where members can at least call in to book with the old rates?  My Wyndham points came easily via promotions like the Daily Getaways, but I am sure that some members earned them the old fashioned way by stays.  In my opinion dramatic changes likes this aren t fair to people who displayed loyalty to this program.  What they get in return is a good swift kick in the pants.  I like(d) Wyndham Rewards, but I need to be able to trust that I won t wake up tomorrow and have a bunch of Wyndham Pesos burning a hole in my pocket.
[ ] Maybe we weren t spending all day gazing walking tours of london lovingly into each other s eyes, but it was a solid relationship with each of us contributing. But then came 2013, and you changed. I don t know if you were having troubles at work or making ends meet, but all of a sudden you were giving us the silent treatment. You were making decisions without even telling us and they were bad decisions. Like raising the points price at your New York City hotels by 281% without any announcement whatsoever. [ ]
Bad devaluation, but not totally unexpectedly they d do something drastic walking tours of london after they gave out all those zillions of points last year for cheap. Time for everyone to express displeasure by refusing to stay there.
Wow! I stayed in that Wingate Midtown using points last fall when the wife and I went into the city for a concert. It was a great value I purchased 25k points walking tours of london in the Daily Getaways promo, and was able to not only get that stay, but have enough points saved to do a Grand Slam transfer (obv, those points walking tours of london are still in my account waiting on next year). However, if I had redeemed 45k points for the room we stayed in, I would have been seriously bummed. But that s why they say earn em and burn em right?
Wow, that stinks. I ve been holding onto my points from the Daily Getaways in case I ever decide to stay at one of their hotels, walking tours of london but now I m thinking of transferring to miles. Anyone know how long the transfer takes?
Not only is it unfair to people who ve displayed loyalty, but don t feel guilty that your points came from promotions it s also unfair to people who have taken advantage of such deals, including the Daily Getaways and the Revere promo. Simple bait n switch. I certainly wouldn t have done any Revere mattress runs this past fall if I had suspected a HUGE devaluation could come so soon and without even an announcement.
Imagine if Club Carlson had surreptitiously and dramatically changed their award chart after their big promos last year. People would be up in arms. Wyndham, make this right and give us an ample grace period!
I was fortunate to redeem most of my WR point balance at the tail end of last year, leaving me with just a small five-figure balance that I have substantially diminished as of last weekend. [I did use up a chunk of my points on hotel bookings for later this year and now I will make sure they get used up one way or another.]
They just killed their rewards program. The most reasonable response to this is to transfer your points into airline miles while you still can, and then never stay with them again. If enough people do this, the ensuing meltdown of their occupancy rates will be ample warning to other chains not to follow suit.
Wouldn t it be nice if the Wall Street Journal walking tours of london and/or some other major publications USA Today is perfect for this market decided to do a story about hotel point devaluation and used this as one of the examples of how devaluations are done?
I just checked their location on Kauai to see if they also went up. I already walking tours of london have 2 nights booked but I am working on the points for one more night. Thank goodness it has stayed at 30K..at least for today. Those 1 bedroom condo rooms go for $279 a night pretty much all year long. After all the frustration with their last promotion this is the only Wyndham I will ever stay at. Anything walking tours of london I earn from this stay will be credited in miles.
It sucks but I did revere and Daily getaways to transfer them. New york and Hawaii would be the only hotels in the wyndham portfolio walking tours of london I would stay in. If or more likely when club carlson does it that would seriously suck. I think we will start seeing alot of changes to several programs soon.
Dumped my 48k into 19.2k AA. I like flexibility in an award program, and considered staying there, but none too happy about this. Trust is not a sufficient condition for loyalty, but it is a necessary walking tours of london one.
Wyndham has proved untrustworthy and I refused to do any business with them several walking tours of london years ago after they did something shiesty walking tours of london to my account after staying with them for several nights over a week+ long road trip.
This isn t new. This past summer when I participated in the bonus promotion for the newly acquired Hawthorne properties I had in mind a stay at the NY Wyndham. Back in August 2012 the NY Wyndham was 45K a night.
Thanks for the heads up. In the past, I ve had to call in in

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий