четверг, 30 октября 2014 г.

Our main concern in buying a trailer was the weight of it, sometimes described as Gross Vehicle Weig


Barbara sold it to a man named Orville in 2003. Orville dressed it up a bit and sold it to Shannon and Ross a few years later. It was a hundred-mile journey to it s new destination where it sat in the driveway, save for a couple of small weekend trips. I met Shannon and Ross via the internet, who were sad to let go of this little trailer, obviously a symbol of un-realized dreams of travel.
My search began when we were living in San Diego. Southern California played tour edge putter a big role in the history of travel trailers, I m sure, and surfer bums of all ages can still be seen living in vehicles parked on city streets in the popular beach neighborhoods.
Our main concern in buying a trailer was the weight of it, sometimes tour edge putter described as Gross Vehicle Weight, or the weight of the vehicle plus the weight the vehicle was designed to carry. I wanted to be able to tow this thing with my sporty Mitsubishi 4-door. Mike s truck is rated to tow up to 7000 lbs but my little car (which tour edge putter gets great gas mileage) has significant towing limitations.
Another tour edge putter big issue is that my budget for buying a tiny house was not so big. We were researching used Scamps , Casitas tour edge putter and Burros . I had been considering Josh s 13 Trillium and a rare European 1965 Eriba Familia from a man named Flint. But then little Junior came into my life
I fell in love with the Compact Junior the moment I laid eyes on it in mid-December tour edge putter of 2007. A Christmas present to myself, I thought. A few storms delayed our hundred-mile adventure and ultimately I made the purchase on January 13th, 2008.
The Compact Jr. was manufactured from 1971 to 1973, in Chatsworth, CA (in the San Fernando Valley) by a company dubbed Hunter Structures. No evidence of the company seems to exist today, but according to my paperwork this one was made in 1973. The original color appeared to be a yellow-green, tour edge putter as seen here .
The carpeting is not original, nor is the after-market AC refrigerator. The interior wood cabinetry has been painted white. The spare tire does seem to be original (eek!). We will need to be replacing the spare before any serious trips are made. The trailer tires, however, had been replaced two years ago, and the battery is brand new.
At just under 80 inches from top to pavement, this is one of the shortest fiberglass trailers you can find. Michael and I are only slightly taller than 5 feet, so we fit perfectly inside even without the assistance of the pop-top roof.
Certainly we do not share the same interior decorating taste as the former owners, but I look forward to the process of making it ours. It s my first little house and I didn t have to go into debt buying it!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий