понедельник, 25 августа 2014 г.

Don t just blurt out Fiji, okay? This is not a small thing. It is a revelation about a journey you v


The Pursuit of Everything (POE) project is a website I launched on August 16, 2012 (my 30th birthday) to publish my writing about living life deliberately, doing work that truly matters, and changing the world.
Something we tell ourselves to mollify the demons of our own complacency. In The Life Times of a Remarkable Misfit , I stipulate that waiting travel agents in ireland might be the most dangerous enterprise we could possibly engage in.
There are few things on this earth more dangerous than waiting. Waiting for the perfect time to launch. Waiting to have enough money to start. Waiting for your friends to think you can. Waiting for some blogger or regional travel agents in ireland manager or magazine editor to notice you. Waiting for God to increase the hours of the day. Waiting until the kids graduate. Waiting until you’re travel agents in ireland out of debt. Waiting for your dad to believe in you. Waiting for the boss to say it’s fine. Waiting for a case study to prove that it’s worth it. Waiting for retirement. Waiting to be chosen. Waiting to be validated. Waiting for a sign.
In 2 hours I will make my way to Penn Station, and I will jump on a train heading towards Utah which will commence my trip around the world in 1,880 days. Exactly 72 hours ago, I launched this project, and published a manifesto about how I went from being an unremarkably average banker to a dude who nomads around the world and makes things happen. travel agents in ireland It has already been downloaded hundreds of times, and some very generous people have written reviews about it, some of which are here , here , here and here . If you d like a free copy you can download it here . And if you d like to write a review on your own website, you will most likely put a huge smile on my face today.
But two days ago, having stayed up all night without a drop of coffee getting this site ready on the eve of my 30th birthday, I had an extraordinary thought. I thought travel agents in ireland to myself, I m leaving travel agents in ireland on the adventure of a lifetime on Sunday, and that s pretty cool. But you know what might be even more cool? What if I could help someone else do the same….
Because I ve traveled so much over the last four years, I have a good amount of airline miles stashed away. These airline miles were hard earned, and are incredibly valuable because they ve been used to get me free tickets to many of the almost 50 countries I ve traveled travel agents in ireland to in the last 48 months.
Tech Note: I use Facebook commenting on this website so you need to have a Facebook account in order to enter the Giveaway. If you don t have one, and would like to start one for this Giveaway, you absolutely can over at Facebook.com .
The prize IS a round trip Economy ticket FROM the closest major airport to you TO any destination in the world of your choosing this includes anywhere in North America, Europe, travel agents in ireland Asia, Australiasia and South America Africa (these two continents are always the *really* expensive tickets).
I will give you enough airline miles to book a round trip ticket to just about anywhere in the world. (up to a maximum of 90,000 miles). I will pay the taxes associated with your round trip ticket. That s it. Everything else is on you. Baggage travel agents in ireland Fees, Visa Passport Fees, lodging, food, coffee, beer, cashew nuts that s on you. However, travel agents in ireland I will also transfer you some money on Venmo to buy a celebratory glass of champagne so I and the Misfit team can toast you on a GoToMeeting before your big journey.
This is not a stunt. Take note. I am not selling anything right now, and there are certainly cheaper ways to market a new website. I m starting the adventure travel agents in ireland of a lifetime travel agents in ireland this morning, and I am in a position to help you do the same. That s it. Oh, and because generosity always travel agents in ireland wins.
The selection process will be very simple. The comments on this post will be open until this Wednesday travel agents in ireland evening at 11:59PM EST. Then an anonymous group of Selection Jedi s will choose travel agents in ireland one person to receive travel agents in ireland the prize. I ll announce the winner in next Sunday s post. Simple as that.
The answers travel agents in ireland to the two simple questions stated travel agents in ireland above. The story you tell. If you want to have some friends like your comment, feel free. It won t be a factor for consideration, but it probably won t hurt your chances of being noted as the Jedi s scroll through the comments.
In my experience, whenever anyone tries to do something generous on the web, the internet trolls have a way of coming out and sucking the fun right out of it. If you are a troll, please don t come near this giveaway. I would be eternally grateful. Please don t email me in two weeks telling me what an asshole I am for not selecting you, okay? Please. Just this once, Mr. Troll, stay in your dirty interweb cave, playing travel agents in ireland reruns of Battlestar Galactica and eating Twinkie s and stale Cheetos, or whatever the hell it is you do in there.
Don t just blurt out Fiji, okay? This is not a small thing. It is a revelation about a journey you ve always wanted to pursue but for some reason have not. Truly think about the things you ve said you wanted to see in your life, the experiences you ve dreamed about, the people you wanted to help. Jot it down in your own notebook. Then come back here and answer those two questions in a comment below. And even if you don t get selected, at least you ll know where your next adventure should be.
Two years ago, I canceled a book deal with a major publisher because I realized that I had sold out for an advance and the desire to be chosen. Today, I am deciding to choose myself instead. But I need your help.
Do you agree to receive marketing messages from Apperian and from any of Apperian s partners with whom you sign-up for a co-branded online conference? For a copy of the Apperian Privacy Policy, please click here .
I used to be an unremarkably average financial executive in Manhattan, until I decided to start changing the world instead. I am a writer, designer, entrepreneur, travel agents in ireland humanitarian and nomad. I am now on a quest to travel around the world in 1,880 days, which you can follow along by subscribing .
Do you agree to receive marketing messages from Apperian and from any of Apperian’s partners with whom you sign-up for a co-branded online conference? For a copy of the Apperian Privacy Policy, please click here .
Do you agree to receive marketing messages from Apperian and from any of Apperian s partners travel agents in ireland with whom you sign-up for a co-branded online conference? For a copy of the Apperian Privacy Policy, please click here .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий