четверг, 28 июня 2012 г.

My down-cushioned Baker camelback sofa came from a lobby at the St. Regis in NewYork, and when I got


How do you feel about hotel furniture in your home? Found at Miss Pixie's , these chairs are from The Madison , before its 2002 renovation. We're guessing that they date back to 1963, when The Madison first opened. The chairs discount hotels las vegas are made of cast aluminum and painted white and gold. More photos below the jump...
My husband's parents have a bunch of old hotel furniture - his father works at a hotel. They have a couple of chairs that they haven't reuposltered. We "inherited" two nightstands, one of which recently got thrown out (bad condition), and the other we painted and brought back to life.
If it was the furniture from the SAS Radisson in Copenhagen I would love it as the Jacobsen "Egg" and "Swan" chairs were designed especially for the Royal Hotel and are placed in the Lobby and many of the rooms.
I don't much care for the clumsy intersection of the front side rails of the Madison chair, but I really discount hotels las vegas like the odd, MCM-meets-Empire vibe. Either way, I have no problem buying discount hotels las vegas used hotel furniture--especially the older stuff that comes out of the public rooms. It's usually a great bargain.
discount hotels las vegas My down-cushioned Baker camelback sofa came from a lobby at the St. Regis in NewYork, and when I got it, it was upholstered in Brunschwig Fils' La Portugaise glazed chintz--a favorite of Mario Buatta Mark Hampton, although probably not in this particularly garish orange- -hunter discount hotels las vegas green colorway--which I couldn't bear to look at more than a few days, but which I also couldn't afford to replace. So being in a hurry, and also being broke that summer, I got out the paintbrush painted this baby to mimic red leather.
I got a desk chair at the Park Hyatt DC sale a couple discount hotels las vegas of years ago. I paid $40. It's not a particularly special style, but it's pretty high quality and it's very comfortable. I'll do something interesting with it one of these days. On another note, if you ever get a chance to go to a hotel sale, do it, even if just for the experience. It's wild seeing people running around raiding the rooms and looking like they're on some kind of looting spree.
The Madison Hotel was top of heap in its day and I wonder how it's doing now. I was born in DC in 1963 and my father was eating lunch at the coffeeshop discount hotels las vegas at The Madison when he received the news of my birth. Not that this is relevant to the chair discussion, but it made me smile.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий