суббота, 23 июня 2012 г.

Student tickets are available on many websites and from travel agents, but are those tickets cheaper


Cheap student plane tickets are out there, cheap car rental usa but what's the best way to find them? It can be difficult to find cheap fares , especially around heavy travel times like Spring Break or Christmas . But with a little work, you can usually find a good deal.
Student tickets are available on many websites cheap car rental usa and from travel agents, but are those tickets cheaper than discount tickets for the general population? The answer is: maybe. Sometimes fantastic cheap car rental usa student fares are available, and sometimes they're not. And prices for student tickets can vary by hundreds of dollars, even for the exact same flight.
To get cheap student plane tickets, what you have to do is shop around for both student tickets and cheap general tickets. To demonstrate how to do this, let me walk you through cheap car rental usa hypothetical plane ticket search. Now remember, this is just one search , so you might find much better deals from these websites and airlines at other times (or worse deals, for that matter).
Let's say I'm a student at Colorado State University, and I want to go to Miami for Spring Break to spend a little cheap car rental usa time on South Beach. My Spring Break lasts from Saturday, March 10 through Sunday, March 18. It's going to be a challenge to find cheap tickets for this trip, and not just because it's Spring Break. I'm flying to one popular Spring Break venue (Denver, for skiing) to another (Miami, for the ocean and South Beach), so it's unlikely that there's going to be many bargains! (Also, please note that none of the prices listed in this article are set in stone, and you might find completely different prices when you search.)
To get a better deal, I might need to be flexible with my flight days , as it's usually cheaper to fly during the week than on the weekend. Often it's cheaper if your stay includes a Saturday night. I also need to be open to flying at lousy times . I'd like to avoid a 6:00 a.m. flight out of Denver International Airport because cheap car rental usa I live over an hour away, but early morning flights are often cheaper. In addition, I might save money if I don't fly nonstop . And it goes without saying: search for tickets early !
Now, for starters, let's look at some websites that specialize in student tickets. I plug in my dates at STA Travel cheap car rental usa , and the cheapest flight cheap car rental usa I can find is $380.15. So I decide to be flexible with my days, and find that if I leave on Sunday and fly back on Saturday, I can get a flight for $329.49. Sometimes STA Travel offers cheaper tickets to student to the general public, but I check and find that there's no special student discount available cheap car rental usa from Denver to Miami that week.
I also check out Bookit.com , which specializes in Spring Break excursions for students. It looks promising because there's an article about Spring Break in Miami on their homepage! However, the cheapest flight is $437. Oh well.
So now I check out the regular airfare sites, starting with Orbitz.com . A quick search makes it clear that travelling from the 10th to the 18th will be very expensive, so I start looking at Sunday through Thursday and Sunday through Friday trips, which seem to be the cheapest. (Travel websites often let you search for cheap fares a few days before and after your ideal travel date.)
On Orbitz, I find trips for as low as $298 on America cheap car rental usa West . There's a problem with these flights, though. They leave late at night from Denver and connect in Las Vegas, cheap car rental usa and after a long layover and an overnight flight, you get to Miami at about 8:00 a.m. Personally, that sounds like hell, but if you don't mind, check out America West. The next cheapest flight is $367 with United, which is more expensive than STA Travel. I check CheapTickets.com and Expedia.com , and the prices are virtually identical to Orbitz. (But sometimes they're not, so you should always check.)
Here's a trick: sometimes you can get cheaper tickets if you buy them directly from the airline websites . I find I can buy a ticket from the United website for $343.80. That's cheaper than Orbitz, but still more expensive than STA.
Here's another trick: see if cheaper tickets are available at a nearby airport. The Fort Lauderdale airport cheap car rental usa is less than an hour from Miami, and the tickets are often cheaper into Fort Lauderdale. In this case, the only deal I find is an Air Tran flight for $328. This is about the same as the STA price to Miami, but I'd have to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, which might be a pain. On the Colorado side, I see if there are cheaper tickets from Colorado Springs. I do find some deals on Northwest for $338, with an out-of-the-way layover in Minneapolis. I live over two hours from Colorado Springs, and the drive is not worth it.
My last trick, which you should use with caution: eBay . Lo and behold, I find someone selling an Air Tran travel voucher that can be used from Denver cheap car rental usa to Miami. The starting bid is $169 and the Buy it Now price is $199. Before buying something like this, investigat e! On the Air Tran website, I learn that vouchers are indeed transferable. I also learn that there aren't any blackout days for the time I want to fly. However, if I were to consider buying this ticket, I would first call the airline and make sure I could use the voucher cheap car rental usa on Air Tran during my Spring Break. If this is the case, I've found an awesome travel deal. If not, STA Travel seems to be the best for me.
There's other websites you can check, and you can also call a travel agent. Many college campuses have a travel agency nearby that caters to students, so you might want to start there. If you're very flexible with your flight times, you could also try an auction site like Priceline.com. And remember, if you fly at an off-peak time, you can often get much better student discounts than the ones I found during Spring Break.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий