понедельник, 19 ноября 2012 г.

This week I was starting to get pretty homesick/depressed that my trip to London was already over, (


This week I was starting to get pretty homesick/depressed that my trip to London was already over, (I'm actually obsessed) so it was the best pick me up ever that I had some friends from home coming to visit me. Mary Jenna are studying abroad in Paris and decided to make the trip over to Barce to visit me. On their first day, I took them to a Mexican restaurant, La Rosa Negra, and I've never seen two people more excited. Mainly because Barcelona is so cheap in comparison to Paris, and that Mexican food actually exists in Europe.
After some tacos and margaritas greece and turkey travel tours we headed to a little market so that they could load up on some snacks. This may or may not be the highlight of my month, but I found Pacifico's. The only time in all of Europe that I have seen one, so naturally I bought as many as I could carry and left in the best mood possible. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning...no, actually better than that. The man in the market was laughing at me for literally shrieking greece and turkey travel tours when I saw them. Homesickness was not even a thought in my mind having friends and Mexican beer around me.
That night we took them to a bar called Ovella Negra (Black greece and turkey travel tours Sheep). We drank some sangria and beers and when it was time to leave, it naturally started to pour . We found some card board boxes in an alley and used them as make shift umbrellas- four girls running down La Rambla greece and turkey travel tours with card board boxes on their heads. Instead of waiting out in the rain with 200 other study abroad greece and turkey travel tours students to be bussed to a party, we made the rational greece and turkey travel tours decision that room service sounded better. We headed back to their hotel and proceeded to order room service, pass out and end the night at 11pm. Not exactly crazy Barcelona.
The next morning, after a full night's sleep, I took them down to the marina to get some Bo de B. Mary's exact words after biting into the sandwich were, "thank you for changing my life". After Bo de B we walked La Rambla, picked up some FCB gear for the game, and headed to Sagrada Familia. By some miracle, there was no line. Finally I got to go inside and tour the most famous monument in Spain. After being harassed my a homeless greece and turkey travel tours man outside (welcome greece and turkey travel tours to Spain), we toured the basillica and towers. They failed to inform us that once you take the elevator up the towers, you have to walk down the tiniest dark spiraling staircase for about 20 solid minutes within 1 foot of room. You don't know claustrophobia until you do that staircase. I thought I was going to throw up from dizziness once we reached the bottom.
That night we went to the FCB match. Everyone had told us that you can't drink inside, so we figured we would hit up a pub to pregame before going inside. Bad plan, there are no pubs around the stadium. Unless you plan on drinking at the bar of a CPK-family-style restaurant, which we did. I think it was the most action this restaurants bar has received, ever. We pregamed sufficiently, and headed up to the game. Bareclona won 3-1, and surprise they do sell beer inside. Sorry to the families greece and turkey travel tours inside of CPK. After the game we quickly changed and I took them out to Duvet, a club in the city. We were major struggs but decided to push through the night since the night before was such a failure.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий