воскресенье, 30 декабря 2012 г.

My sentiments exactly! I always imagined Russia to be covered in snow and gloomy all the time (thoug


Don t think I have posted these pictures here before. They are on Facebook for sure, but it s much easier to load them there directly, than to resize and then post them on the blog. Yes, I may love writing but having to include pictures in posts are tedious for a lazy bum like me. That s why I say, I am dispassionate like that.
In November, for work reasons I had to make a trip to Moscow. Russia isn t one of the easiest places to visit, and especially because I was there on a business trip, I had to request star alliance around the world tickets for some approval and invitation letters before I could apply for the visa. Yes, it is one of those places that Singaporeans still need a visa for entry, even if you are visiting as a tourist. The process was rather long drawn out because I needed the company there to sign some letters and get the approval from their local immigration authorities, before that can be mailed to me so that the originals can be used for the application star alliance around the world tickets at the Russian Embassy in Singapore. The entire thing took about 2-3 weeks so you can just imagine. I was a little nervous about the trip because I had heard so much about how strict laws there seem to be, and also the lack of English in this huge city with people infamous for being unfriendly. Maybe unfriendly isn t the right word, more like serious and unsmiling.
star alliance around the world tickets Anyway, I had the great opportunity to do a bit of sightseeing when I arrived on a cold Sunday morning. star alliance around the world tickets Even in mid-November, it was already getting cold, with temperatures hovering just above zero, and for someone like me, that is considerably freezing. star alliance around the world tickets I always try to do some sightseeing in cities that I travel to but sometimes, like in Istanbul, it isn t always possible.
From the pictures that I had seen online, I always thought this was a very huge structure. I mean it isn t tiny like how I was a little disappointed when I saw the Mona Lisa in the Lourve, but it wasn t as huge as I had imagined it to be. In the above picture, you see the humans in the foreground so you can get an idea of its size, but I had really thought monumental proportions of this place, for some reason. Still, it was really worth braving the freezing temperatures and potential dangers in taking the Moscow subway to this place. At some point, the clouds cleared a little for which I was so thankful star alliance around the world tickets for because it helped make the air less cold, if it was possible, and also helped to highlight the colours star alliance around the world tickets of the cathedral in the photo.
Then there was the state museum. star alliance around the world tickets I love how, even in most parts of the city where the buildings reflected the general mood of the weather star alliance around the world tickets in those few days I was there, i.e. gloomy and grey, these buildings adopt such bright and strong colours in their exterior facade. star alliance around the world tickets It s like these are the important buildings, so yes they have to be differentiated from the rest of the grey unimportant dwellings, my own wild conjecture. Yet there still seem to be some sort of a commonality among them, I can t really put my finger on it. As short of this trip was, I was glad I took those few hours to venture to the Red Square, star alliance around the world tickets and maybe one of these days if I have the chance, I will return as a tourist for a better visit. Probably in nicer, warmer weather. I can t imagine if I had to make the trip this month, I d probably just choose to hibernate in the hotel whole day long when I don t need to be working in the office.
My sentiments exactly! I always imagined Russia to be covered in snow and gloomy all the time (though that s not very possible all year round), but it was sunny for a while that day for maybe 2 hours then it was gloomy again, and extremely cold!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий