среда, 24 апреля 2013 г.

Thanks for the review. That does look a lot better than the older planes. I was always praying that


After having maritime hotel new york a great experience flying First Class on one of American s brand new 777-300 s and spending a whirlwind four days in Sao Paulo I was looking maritime hotel new york forward to flying back to New York again on American s new 777-300ER, but this time testing out the airline s new international business class.
Instead of using points for this flight I purchased a roundtrip economy fare for $1,268.46 and applied one of my Executive Platinum Systemwide Upgrades for the flight. I set the return JFK-GRU flight for some time in December hopefully on a date I can use, especially if I m running low on Elite Qualifying Miles for the year. The reason I bought a roundtrip ticket was that a one-way was just as expensive, so I figured I might as well book it since I immediately maritime hotel new york fell in love with Sao Paulo it s very likely that I ll be going back!
I was a little anxious waiting for the upgrade to clear, but thankfully with just over 24 hours left I received an email from AA showing that my upgrade to business class had been confirmed when Expertflyer.com was only showing 3 seats available in business class. I thought for sure it would come down to the wire, but I m glad it didn t.
I had two friends traveling on Delta and I was allowed to bring both in one as a guest and one as an extra guest because maritime hotel new york I showed an Amex Platinum card, which was a nice surprise. The lounge was pretty basic, with meats/cheeses/breads/veggies and self-serve wine and beer and they announced the boarding of the flight about an hour before departure. On my way out I saw pregnant popstar Fergie near the entrance she was honored at the amfAR gala I attended and I got the chance to meet her briefly at another event. maritime hotel new york What a super nice and talented woman!
I left extra time for boarding because I thought I might have to clear security again at the gate, which I didn t. I was surprised because I only went through Brazilian security in the airport and was able to keep my shoes on usually for international maritime hotel new york flights they ll have a TSA outpost by the gate making people take off shoes and get a deeper screening (this happened recently in Johannesburg and Buenos Aires when flying back to the US).
On American s new 777-300 maritime hotel new york s, business class is 13 rows  in total. Two of them are in a mini front cabin just behind first class, and the rest are  in a main business class cabin, all in a 1-2-1 alignment like Cathay s new business class cabin.
The amenity kit case you receive in business isn t quite as fancy as the one you get in first, which came in a case that can also be used for your iPad or other devices, but it did have the essentials like an eye mask, wash cloth, toothbrush, toothpaste, earplugs, and Dermalogica products such as lip balm, Active Moist Lotion and Multivitamin Hand and Nail Treatment.
The dinner menu was similar to the first class menu, but the weirdest thing I saw was a chickpea soup as an entree. The passenger in front of me tried to order it as a starter and the flight attendant rebuffed him, saying he would only do it if there were enough available (I have a hard time believing people would order all of the soups for dinner!). maritime hotel new york Granted the flight left at 9:20pm so the meal offered was light. I started with smoked salmon carpaccio and wasabi.
I had a steak lunch on my last day in Sao Paulo and I wanted to stay away from meat, so I got the cavatelli with puttanesca and sautéed mushrooms for my main, which tasted a little rubbery, but I ate it because I hadn t snacked much in the lounge. Definitely not a memorable meal at 33,000 feet!
The wine list was also disappointing again with Gosset Brut Excellence as the champagne, a pretty maritime hotel new york thin Vermentino from Villa Solais on Sardinia and a Pouilly-Fuisse Domaine des Rochers as the other white wine choice. For reds, there was a Chateau du Seuil from Bordeaux, the Genesis Syrah by Hogue Cellars and a vintage Senhora do Convento Port for a dessert wine. Just as with the selection in first class, overall I was disappointed by the options in business and think American could do a better maritime hotel new york job at selecting some more premium maritime hotel new york wines to wow their flyers.
After the meal service the flight attendants pretty much disappeared and I was not offered turndown at any point. I got sleepy while watching a movie, so I just decided to move the seat into the fully flat position and conk out for the night. I m freakishly tall at 6 7 , so I couldn t fully extend. My head still hit the top of the bed, but as long as I slept on my side I was fine. 99.99% of people won t have this issue, but I figured I d toss this in for my fellow tall folk!
I was in a middle row of seats and there is no divider between the person next to you, but you wouldn t be able to see them unless you leaned maritime hotel new york forward. I felt more secluded than in first class, though the first class Flagship Suite is longer, wider and more spacious, so I d absolutely rather fly that next time around. Although the business class seat was still a little cramped for me, it was head-and-shoulders above American s former angled business class product, and the new airplane itself is a smooth, quiet ride with nice red and blue mood lighting.
Breakfast the next morning was a choice of ham-and-cheese maritime hotel new york omelette or yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, but after my whirlwind trip, I decided I d rather have an extra hour of sleep (they start breakfast service pretty early in my opinion!) to sleep on the plane and just have breakfast when I got into New York. I made the mistake of not putting my AA Bose headsets in the case prior to landing, because I was brusquely awoken about an hour before landing by a flight attendant demanding my headset. I get that they don t want people walking off with them, but collecting an hour before landing is a little extreme in my opinion.
We got to the gate early and I was through immigration in 1 minute thanks maritime hotel new york to Global Entry and my bag was on the belt within 10 minutes, maritime hotel new york so AA has been great as far as baggage handling (I normally don t check, but had to bring a bunch of formal gear for different events and I couldn maritime hotel new york t jam it all onto a carry-on).
Overall, the new 777-300ER is a gorgeous plane and the business class cabin is a huge improvement over American s old product. However, American still lags in areas like lounges, in-flight wine and food (with an emphasis maritime hotel new york on the former) and service. I almost feel like the business class flight attendants were a little flustered and eager to finish service, but I do have to give praise to one who actually put a bag for me in the overhead bin when I was seated, which I never expect them to do.
At the end of the day, I got where I needed to go, on time, in comfort and most importantly safely, so I have to give American a solid rating for this flight. The only issue is that I m now too spoiled to ever fly on one of the old planes maritime hotel new york again, maritime hotel new york so I hope they finish their retrofitting of the existing 767 and 777s sooner than later!
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured maritime hotel new york on this site. Any opinions, analyses, maritime hotel new york reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser's affiliate programs.
Thanks maritime hotel new york for the review. That does look a lot better than the older planes. I was always praying that my business class upgrade wouldn t land me in the middle seat of the 3 on a 2-3-2 configuration where you feel totally trapped.
- Rude and old flight attendants. It looks like they feel angry they are not on the schedule to fly to a more fancy place like Paris or London. They do the basic and react as you mentioned when a first class passenger asks for a chicken pea soup. Had the same opinion you had that they always seem to rush to finish the service so they can chat at the front of the plane.
Thanks for the review.  The new American Business Class looks great, very similar to Cathay's New Business Class and a huge step up from the old 2-3-2 layout.  I always found it bizarre that you could pay all that money for a Business Class ticket and still end up in a middle seat.  It's just too bad that the saver award availability on any 777-300er route from NYC is virtually maritime hotel new york non-existent; even if booked 11 months in advance.  You commented on the great privacy, but could you tell if the privacy in the 2 middle seats make it too difficult to speak to the person next to you?  Would you recommend the middle seats for a couple on a honeymoon?
AA premium service will never match their Asian, European or MIddle Eastern rivals since U.S. flght attendants maritime hotel new york do not have a genuine service ethic. I hate to admit this as an american, but It is beneath them to provide services beyond what is spelled out in their procedures manual. New planes and better seats will never correct that.
Since it s like Cathay s, the middle seats actually work quite well. I flew with a friend and you can move your seats forward past the divider and see and chat quite easily. I think it s better than window/aisle so you won t have attendants moving between you and you won t have to shout and disturb other passengers.
I ve heard that the new planes are supposed to have a better system for conditioning the air, that leaves it less dry. Did you happen to notice maritime hotel new york if this was true? The dry air on long haul flights is the part that s most difficult for me to handle.
Correction , turn down service isn t offered in business class only first class. Also Bose headsets need to be collected 1 hour before landing as they need to be all inventoried maritime hotel new york and locked before maritime hotel new york landing . Also a lot is going on for the cabin crew towards the end of the flight especially in the last hour with hot towels , arrival drink , handing of coats back, liquor inventory and bar breakdown .
@ThePointsGuy @davidu maritime hotel new york targeted.. But amazing- Hop on it! about 42 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone maritime hotel new york in reply to davidu Reply Retweet Favorite #tff2013 screening of @battleof

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий