вторник, 21 мая 2013 г.

How does a solo traveller cope with or enjoy the entertainment on board, of which there is plenty? I


Cruises may not seem like an ideal vacation for the solitude-seeking traveller. How do you find some quiet time with all that s happening car rentals at perth international airport on the ship? As it turns out, there are plenty of opportunities to just do your own thing.
Maybe I should have read the fine print. When I arrived at the port of Fort Lauderdale to embark on a five-day cruise that would touch on the Bahamas, car rentals at perth international airport Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Tortola, I found myself face to face with a monster of a cruise liner. It was only the second cruise I had taken, the first one was in the South Pacific on a rather small French liner that carried only 300 passengers. Carnival Cruises are a different matter altogether. I was to spend five days in the company of not 300 but more than 3,000 passengers on board what seemed like a floating city.
Naturally, the majority of my fellow travellers came in pairs or groups, car rentals at perth international airport and at the first dinner, I was seated not with other solo travellers but in accordance with a seating plan worked out by organizers on the ship. If you are lucky in such a situation, you like your fellow diners but if not, don't worry, because a liner of that size has a lot of restaurants, bars and deck eateries, partly with waiters, car rentals at perth international airport partly self-service so you can eat in solitude if you like.
Another opportunity to go my own way was with the land excursions. They are organized on board and everybody who books a tour is herded off as soon as the liner docks, then carted to waiting buses to be shown the sights (and mostly car rentals at perth international airport to the shops). When they left, I disembarked and made my own plans. Thus I had the wonderful experience of wandering the streets of Old San Juan in Puerto Rico at night and I discovered the World Amber museum in St. Thomas, a treasure none of my fellow travellers had heard of.
In Nassau, I took the ferry to Paradise Island, car rentals at perth international airport visited the underwater world in the famous Atlantis Resort, car rentals at perth international airport then returned and explored the Straw Market and a tiny island museum, which I discovered by chance in Nassau. My only regret was that I had to return to the vessel in time for departure I would have liked to stay longer, particularly on St. Thomas, but that's the drawback of every cruise.
How does a solo traveller cope with or enjoy the entertainment on board, of which there is plenty? car rentals at perth international airport It depends on your individual taste. I didn't particularly like the rather noisy and not very funny stand-up comedians, car rentals at perth international airport but I liked the Caribbean music. What I really hated was such tasteless 'fun' as the hairy chest competition hirsute, rather drunken men, squashed into the pool, waving numbers around car rentals at perth international airport and hoping to be proclaimed the winner by an equally drunk and predominantly female audience is something I can do without.
Having said that, a liner of that size has quiet salons, a library and, of course, the privacy of the cabin, where a solo traveller can escape to when the rest of the entertainment car rentals at perth international airport is not to his or her liking. In other words, do your own thing as you usually do, and as a solo traveller you will enjoy a cruise very much indeed.
Born in Germany, Inka has lived and worked as an international attorney in Switzerland, South Africa, Spain and the U.K. for 30 years. A few years ago, she turned her love of travel into becoming a travel writer and photographer. Her adventures and experiences as a solo female traveller are reflected on her blog GlamourGrannyTravels.com .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий