вторник, 21 мая 2013 г.

Since day 1, I noticed that most of the town I have been visited is not very big, some are small lik


The Travel Paradise is a travel blog - where I share my experiences and offer tips on travel. Much of my blog focuses on the beautiful islands of New Zealand. Hopefully, you can use my advice as inspiration for your holiday. Happy travels.
Dunedin is the second-largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, and the principal city of the Otago Region. Dunedin was the largest city by territorial land area until superseded by Auckland on the creation of the Auckland Council in November 2010. Dunedin was the largest city in New Zealand by population until about 1900. Dunedin has relatively low rainfall in comparison to many of New Zealand's cities, with only some 750 millimetres (30 in) recorded per year. Inland, beyond the heart of the city and into Inland Otago the climate is sub-continental: winters are quite cold and dry, summers hot and dry.
Since day 1, I noticed that most of the town I have been visited is not very big, some are small like Lake Tekako, Franz Josef, FOX.... except of Christchurch and Queenstown hawaii hotel oahu discount where the size of city is considered larger compare to others. When I reached Dunedin, I just realised that, wow!! What a big city in New Zealand. Especially the highway and the road, is totally different among the other towns where I have visited last few days. I was thinking I will be lost if I do not have GPS for my car rental. The structure of the city is well-organised by New Zealand hawaii hotel oahu discount Government, the road, highway, residential, shops and so on....
For Dunedin, I will write 2 articles to share with you my experience hawaii hotel oahu discount and story. I will be talking about the Accommodation and Cadbury Chocolate Factory in this post, and share with you other activities and places in the next post.
From www.wotif.com, there are quite a number of motel or hotel available to choose for our accommodation. I had done through some research for the budgeted accommodation before we book our accommodation in Dunedin. After research, research and research, we end up book Kiwis Nest as our accommodation.
We were staying in Dunedin for 2 nights at Kiwis Nest where provides a comfortable living environment. We rented a double bed room at NZ$60 per night, but the provider provided us a triple bed room, the space of the room is huge, this was the biggest room we stayed in New Zealand. However, please bear in mind to check in earlier, as here is not like YHA, they won't put your key outside of counter, you need to check-in and collect yourself.
There are 2 kitchens, one is at down stair and another one at up stair. The down stair one is quite small, may only fit for 2 persons cooking together. We had out dinner outside for 1st night, then we cooked ourselves on the 2nd night.
The thing I dislike is the heater. The function hawaii hotel oahu discount of the heater is totally unable to control and not warm enough to cover the cool temperature. hawaii hotel oahu discount Even the blanket give is very tick, but we were still feeling very cool in the night time on bed sleeping.
Another thing I would like to highlight to you is the attitude of the counter receptionist. Initially, I estimate my arriving time to Kiwis Nest is about 8-9pm, I called up to Kiwis and asked for putting the key at counter and we could collect ourselves. However, the attitude of receptionist is not very friendly and a bit rude in speaking, she rejected to put the key outside and asked them to check-in by 7pm. So, we were rushing to there and reached there at about 7pm.
Cadbury is a very well-known chocolate brand in the world. Initially, I do not know Dunedin has a big factory here, is my wife researched out from others. hawaii hotel oahu discount My wife was very keen to visit their factory to get some interesting knowledge where this factory is opened for public for visiting.
The tour begins with a video then locking your things up. No cameras, no bags, nothing, but YOURSELF and what you are wearing. Which is good I guess. you will be instructed to wear a hat and mask for cleanliness purpose. You are also not allow to bring your bag in, the tour guide you store your belongings at a locker for temporarily.
From there, the guide will bring you around the factory to show the real process of chocolate making. In between, the guide will ask you question relating hawaii hotel oahu discount chocolate making, you will get some rewards (chocolate product) if you answer correctly. (However, my wife and I never answered but also got many chocolate from the guide....hahaha). One of the best thing is, we tried a fresh chocolate milk from the machine, is totally fresh and in cooking stage, the taste is really great!!
The highlight is the chocolate fountain. Cadbury designed and built up a 3 level high fountain hawaii hotel oahu discount to show the melted chocolate spillover from a machine mouth to a big container. Not bad experience, but I don't know how to describe in detailed here....unable to show picture as photo not allowed as well.
Before 31,so next year is my last chance;) keke. But when I thinking about eat in nz, I have a bit 挣扎 I like nasi lemak, roti telur, curry laksa much, I will not hapi if only have fish n chips.. lit xmas

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий