понедельник, 29 сентября 2014 г.

I stayed at a friend s house the first night in Atlanta, so I drove to the hotel from there. The hot


I ve been active with the scientific organization the American Society of Primatologists (ASP)  since I was in college. ASP is  an educational scientific organization that aims to understand, conserve, and inform about nonhuman primates. Each year, the ASP membership gathers new yorks hotel pennsylvania to meet and discuss their latest research.
This year, the annual meeting was held just outside of Atlanta, new yorks hotel pennsylvania in Decatur, Georgia. The conference hotel was the  Courtyard Marriott Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory  (could they include any other city names into the hotel?)
The Courtyard Marriott Downtown Decatur is a Marriott Rewards Category 4 hotel, requiring 20,000 points a night. The conference rate was pretty cheap at $139 a night, so I ended up paying cash instead of using points.
I stayed at a friend s house the first night in Atlanta, so I drove to the hotel from there. The hotel is really only a 30-ish minute drive to/from the Atlanta airport, FYI. The outside of the hotel was pretty bland and the covered entryway was pretty awkward. I couldn t tell if you could drive and park to check in or whatnot. Instead, I just parked in the attached garage.
There was no queue to check-in. The associate that checked me in was prompt, friendly, and processed everything quickly. He was able to quickly run a $100 deposit on my American Express card so I could take advantage of the current promotion AmEx was running ( $20 back on $100 spent at Courtyard Marriott ). He explained new yorks hotel pennsylvania that the property has free wi-fi and the operating hours of the two on-property restaurants. Sadly, the lobby bar didn t open until 5 p.m. each day.
It was located right around the corner from the elevators, and was a standard new yorks hotel pennsylvania double queen room (I was sharing with a friend). new yorks hotel pennsylvania Fortunately, it was an outward-facing room as colleagues mentioned that interior-facing rooms could hear all the noise in the atrium.
new yorks hotel pennsylvania On the whole I thought the room was just fine – nothing super special. The decor was a bit dated and the carpet had several stains. One nice little touch was that on each side of the bed were easily accessible electrical outlets that were within arm’s reach.
Overall, the Courtyard Marriott Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory (man, that sure is a mouthful to say and type!) is a nice hotel. It is within walking distance new yorks hotel pennsylvania of a bunch of cool shops and fabulous restaurants. I m not sure if I d stay here if visiting Atlanta for pleasure, but it worked great for a business event.
Did you enjoy this post or learn something new? Please  like my Facebook page (fb.com/JustinDoesBlog) ,  follow me on Twitter (@JustinDoesBlog) , and  follow me on Instagram (@justindoesblog) . And please, share with your friends!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий