понедельник, 29 сентября 2014 г.

This makes me homesick! Luckily I ll be home next month. :) You know I lived in SF for 24 years and


I actually lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 9 years. But during that whole time, I never went to Alcatraz. We were invited on this San Francisco road trip by one of our best friends AJ. AJ Meera have been great friends to us for over 10 years. In 2005, AJ celebrated a big birthday by renting out a box at the San Diego Padres Petco Park and inviting his closest friends and family. For this year s birthday, AJ invited a bunch of us to go to the Giants versus Padres game at AT T Park in San Francisco. That was the main event of our trip and I ll blog about it in a separate post. On Saturday morning, 4/20, we went on a tour of Alcatraz with AJ Meera and their kids.
But first, let s start from the beginning. We woke up and it was SUPER-sunny in San Francisco! This almost phoenix resort hotel never happens! Our hotel had a really cool window, with red painted frame and cheery bright yellow shades.
To the surprise of everyone, a group of nude cyclists rode by us. AJ had to cover up Andon and Keiji s eyes. Todd and I couldn t stop laughing. I had to add some black decency strips to show you the photos on my blog.
I loved seeing your pictures of Alcatraz and I m so glad you got the audio tour. I think the experience isn t quite as good without it as it provides a lot of information. Seeing your lovely pictures I could almost hear the seagulls and feel the cold ocean air on my face even though it s been eight or nine years since I ve been there. Reply Delete evalicious 4/27/13, 10:00 PM
Wow look at all those photos! phoenix resort hotel It s like i did the tour myself. Gotta laugh at those nude cyclists bc I agree, it DOES hurt to cycle w clothes on - never mind naked! Reply Delete Sol 4/28/13, phoenix resort hotel 12:38 AM
Thanks for sharing! I went on a tour of Alcatraz 14 years ago. It sure brings back loads of happy memories. And you got so lucky with the weather! phoenix resort hotel Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip :-) Reply Delete Linda Jordan 4/28/13, 11:41 AM
I spent the first 11 years of my life living in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I ve been to Alcatraz, but I don t remember it! Great photos, thanks so much for sharing!! Idk so much about Alcatraz, but I ve been in a running federal prison [I worked for the U.S. Attorney s Office last summer, so they figured if we were putting people in prison we should see where they go] and the solitary confinement cells are definitely phoenix resort hotel much bigger because they stay in them all day + they have a shower in them. The other cells are small but it doesn t really matter, phoenix resort hotel the prisoners are only really locked in them at night and are free to walk around the entire block all day + have yard time. It actually didn t seem like that bad of a deal at all, except for the solitary confinement ones obviously. Reply Delete julee 4/28/13, 1:24 PM
This makes me homesick! Luckily I ll be home next month. :) You know I lived in SF for 24 years and I never made it to Alcatraz! Maybe someday we ll go if David s interested. Reply Delete Add comment phoenix resort hotel Load more...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий