пятница, 21 ноября 2014 г.

We rented from Thrifty this year and it will be the last time for us too! I must have had the same w


Rented a car two weeks ago from Thrifty at the airport. Would I do it again? A definite NO. Why? Two of the most unfriendly women I have met were working behind the counter. What an attitude. First when I walked in, they were speaking with each other, I guess in papiamento, which is fine, but it took about ten minutes great day tours for them to finally acknowledge I was standing there. When they finally did speak to me, no smiles, no conversation, just, give me your reservation and let's get this overwith. Then one of them took me out to the parking lot and showed me the car which was O.K. but had a ton of scratches, even dents on the bottom (front), probably from going over all the bumps.
I asked if there was another car. Nope, not unless I want to upgrade. So I took it. At least it seemed to run. She drove the car to a location about a hundred great day tours yards from the office where we (4 of us) had to drag our luggage great day tours to the car. As we were about to leave, I noticed the gas tank was almost on empty. I went back to the office and told the woman. She said that was the way it is and said I had an eighth of a tank, which I didn't. I asked if that's the way I bring it back and she said yes. We then left.
The car survived the week we were there. When I returned the car, one of them came out to check the car. I drove back with more gas in the car then when I first took it. She looked at the gauge, then looked at me and said, next time bring it back with a quarter of a tank. Being the gentleman that I am, I thought, I'm leaving, I bit my tongue and walked away. This was my fifth trip to Aruba with many more to come. First time I rented from Thrifty. Never again.
We rented from Thrifty this year and it will be the last time for us too! I must have had the same women helping me when we arrivved. There were 2 people ahead of us and we waited about 30 minutes before we got a really beat up car which had very limited air conditioning. The only positive great day tours thing I can say about them is that we had a problem with a tire and they came to our hotel within an hour and replaced the tire while I was on the beach. I think we will try Hans this year based on everyone's experience with him.
Just returned from a great trip to Aruba with a family group of seven. Reserved a minivan 2 months ahead and when we got to the airport they had the reservation but no cars or vans. It was like an episode out of Seinfeld!! Only explanation great day tours given was it wasn't her who took the reservation (spoke to several people who all told me same thing). They actually told me that they DON'T hold cars that are reserved great day tours but if there is a car on the lot when you arrive great day tours they will rent it out and that all a reservation gets you is the same as if you just walk in from the airport. We were left having to take two cabs everywhere as Aruba only allows 5 per cab. Thrifty didn't give a care about our predicament!!
Just returned great day tours from a great trip to Aruba with a family group of seven. Reserved a minivan 2 months ahead and when we got to the airport they had the reservation but no cars or vans. It was like an episode out of Seinfeld!! great day tours Only explanation given was it wasn't her who took the reservation (spoke to several people who all told me same thing). They actually told me that they DON'T hold cars that are reserved but if there is a car on the lot when you arrive they will rent it out and that all a reservation gets you is the same as if you just walk in from the airport. We were left having to take two cabs everywhere as Aruba only allows 5 per cab. Thrifty didn't give a care about our predicament!!
Sorry you guys had such a bad experience. I'm heading to airport great day tours in 6 hours for 2nd trip to Aruba and am using budget this time. Hopefully I'll have a better experience to report. I'll avoid Thrifty like the plague.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий