воскресенье, 27 января 2013 г.

A few years ago I looked at going to Physical Therapy school and exercise science but the amount of


I start massage school tomorrow cheap ticketsto china and I m excited for a new schedule, forced productivity, structure, and the ability to pursue something I m passionate about while simultaneously still doing what I LOVE. It s a great feeling and I guess we ll see in the next seven months if you can burn out on passion.  On Thursday night Cortiva cheap ticketsto china had a massage cheap ticketsto china school orientation cheap ticketsto china for new students and it was interesting to meet some of the other students who would be attending ( apparently I am one of two or three men who are going to massage school with the rest all being woman),I had a few thoughts after the orientation. One of my best friends cheap ticketsto china has been a therapist for years and though him and I are very different, we also have some very similar characteristics. The same goes for our respective cheap ticketsto china fields.
I forget that so many people go to school to make money. Four years of Tacoma community college and taking some classes for personal training at Highline, I  realized that school is a system but making money is dependent not on what you take from a school but on the value you can give to others and what you re willing to do AFTER school. My dad is a doctor and he will always tell you if you can get to a final destination without school do it!
A few years ago I looked at going to Physical cheap ticketsto china Therapy school and exercise science but the amount of real applicable classes were so small I couldn t justify my years and year for it.  I thought cheap ticketsto china about it a lot, consulted many people who had their degrees, and read articles from top coaches. All the facts lead me to a no. I ll design my own curriculum, if I feel like you re just trying to pull blinders over my head I will leave you. Though I just turned 24 my fluff tolerance level is quite low, you could say I m an old cranky soul, I went to two community colleges, worked, self studied, and interned at two places at the same time. I learned really cheap ticketsto china fast what the difference was between school and following someone who was doing it for a living. Massage cheap ticketsto china school is just the tip of the iceberg for me, after that I m headed out to learn from the best therapists out there before I even start giving cheap ticketsto china massages to anyone who s not a therapist, to most students it will be the start of looking for a job. Different mindset after developing one skill. I simply look at the way I gained mastery in one field and apply it to the other.
Massage Envy came by to offer jobs to students and I have to say I wasn t too excited about any companies like Massage Envy or LA fitness. Having worked at big box gyms for over six years there is just not enough given to the employee to really become great at their skill or help the client see results. I understand they are a business but I don t have a one time a week personal training option for people or one time a month massage it just to me seems like a lie. I ll take your money but not really help you enough. Most students will go work for them after school because they don t know anything about business.
Business classes be damned. You know where I learned about running a business? From people who had businesses. Nothings going to be perfect, business is not my passion. Training is but I love training enough to go learn about business. Once again, the massage students that think they re going to get out and open a business without cheap ticketsto china following anyone who has owned a business for massage is going to be very shocked.
Oh Aaron. This is the friend I was telling you about. When Aaron lived in Tacoma we would hang out at his house and I ll never forget this one time we ate tacos and watched this video on his phone about business for massage.
The guy on the tiny little screen cheap ticketsto china was emphatically stating, You are the fish! You are the miracle! The fish swims around all day in water and forgets that everyone else needs oxygen but he survives without cheap ticketsto china it.
As a trainer or a therapist it s easy to forget what you do everyday. I don t need to list every benefit of healthy soft tissue, length, reset breathing patterns, teaching people how to move correctly it s the difference between living in pain and not, being able to lose weight and not tear your body down and just destroying yourself.
Manual therapy cheap ticketsto china is amazing and I m passionate about it. I certainly don t expect everyone to be excited about massage ( I don t get excited by that term) and I wont be lining out the massage tables offering hour long swedish massages. Ten minutes tops of soft tissue work before a session to free up movement so you can get the most from your workout. That s all I want, seems like a little but considering I just invested 15 thousand dollars and committed over 700 hours of my time to it this year you know it s really a big deal.
I did hear many massage students talking about possibly going to work on cruise ships. The Cruise lines pay for your room, food, and all you have to do is massage. Seems like a pretty sweet deal. I ve been on a cruise cheap ticketsto china and I definitely want to go again but not working for anyone else. I m talking about vacation time! Next time I go it will be on a cruise with my best friends (maybe the love of my life), and I m going to enjoy it!
Isaac has been working with clients since he was 17 years old. He is Tacoma's body transformation expert and has done everything from TV appearances to consulting for gyms across the nation. He is the owner of BeFit Tacoma and the creator of numerous ebooks, articles cheap ticketsto china and training systems including his unique LSG nutrition coaching system that helps his clients see consistent results that stick! cheap ticketsto china He created this website cheap ticketsto china to help spread his passion for health and fitness with you with the goal of helping you shape a healthy and fit life that matches cheap ticketsto china your goals and the time you have. He believes in giving people a fishing pole and not just a fish.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий