четверг, 24 января 2013 г.

We're considering going to San Francisco for spring break (mid-March), so I'm looking for a hotel re


We're considering going to San Francisco for spring break (mid-March), so I'm looking for a hotel recommendation. We need a room with three beds - one can be a sofa bed. This is my husband and myself, our son, and our daughter. We usually stay at Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, etc, but I'm not seeing those as I look at SF choices. Not sure yet about which neighborhood to stay in, so all suggestions are welcome. We would like to be close to public transportation. Thanks.
There was a poster, of not so great repute, who long ago used to advocate the Cow Hollow Motor Inn and Suites. Then I believe another poster, of much greater repute, did in fact stay at that place, and reported it was good.
Cow Hollow Suites would be a much better choice than the suites hotels nearer the airport. BART is a 30-minute coach tours travel accommodation trip each way from the airport into the city, and the trip is not inexpensive - better to put that money toward a hotel room in the city.
If you're staying more than four or five days, maybe try VRBO or Homeaway? You could possibly find a condo or apartment coach tours travel accommodation for the same price as a hotel, and having a kitchen is great for saving a little money (breakfasts, snacks, etc) plus a bit more room for four people.
I know nothing about this place - I found it by searching on Expedia for a room for random dates for 2 adults and 3 children (I know you have two, but I figured putting in 3 would mean they'd have to have 3 beds).
Also check the Hotel Del Sol. It's an updated motel, very cheerful, run by a well-respected hotel group, and in a terrific neighborhood for restaurants, shopping, people-watching. They have some suites.
Although I have personally not stayed coach tours travel accommodation at the Cow Hollow, friends have stayed there and like it. There is a great steakhouse near the Cow Hollow called Izzy's~the creamed spinach is fabulous (and I hate cooked spinach).
The Cow Hollow and/or coach tours travel accommodation Columbus are both great for families. However because they are fairly unique coach tours travel accommodation (decent quality, parking, family rooms) - they book up well in advance. Extremely high occupancy rates. So book them as soon as your dates are firm - especially for holiday periods like Spring break.
I just looked at the Fairmont GS. It looks fantastic, but the larger suite is out of my price range. coach tours travel accommodation I don't mind paying $300 or $350 in the city, but more than that for four nights would get pretty expensive. I'll look at the other suggestions next.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий