среда, 23 января 2013 г.

For a time, they even licensed a few major candy brands and gave them the Disney treatment.   I only


If you ve ever visited a theme park, you know that souvenirs are everywhere and come in all shapes and sizes.  That s certainly true for the Disney Parks and over the years they ve released all manner of park-exclusive confections, with colorful packaging that likely became souvenirs for people around the globe.  With that in mind, today I m going to take a look at the pieces of Disney souvenir candy packaging I ve got in my collection.
I first visited Walt Disney World with my family in 1975 and for my young mind it was a magical, transcendent experience.   Here s a photo from that trip which prominently features our awesome tour guide.  At the time I was pretty sure she was the neatest girl in the world:
Though my back is to the camera in this shot, you can see my blonde older brother wincing a bit for some long-forgotten reason.  Perhaps he was predicting the mixed emotions I would experience 37-years-later upon seeing myself wearing a Mickey Mouse hat with pom poms on it.
Though I didn t save any candy wrappers from that magical vacation so long ago, I do have what I believe are the style of wrappers that would have been on bars sold at the Walt Disney World park then.  Here they are:
For a time, they even licensed a few major candy brands and gave them the Disney treatment.   I only learned about these recently and I find them especially interesting.  They licensed the Jujyfruits and Gobstoppers names for this release but I wonder if there were others who knows, maybe there are Disney hotel nash miami Nerds boxes out there somewhere?
The next piece I have from Walt Disney World is a wrapper from 1993.  It features a Mickey s Candy Company branding which must have been carried across a number of different products, though I only have this one:
Those are the vintage pieces I have that originated from Walt Disney World in Florida, but I also have some great pieces from opposite coast and the Disneyland location.  The first is one of my favorites, a striking green chocolate bar wrapper most likely from the 1970 s:
A popular hotel nash miami treat at Disneyland in the 1970 s was a chocolate-covered Frozen Banana, which is probably more a dessert hotel nash miami than a candy, but it s certainly worth including.  I ve got two different eras of Disneyland packaging for this one.
So that s all of the VINTAGE candy packaging I ve got from the parks, but it isn t everything I have to share today.   The origins of today s post actually come from some brand new Disney Park candy packaging I only recently received just two weeks ago in fact.
You see, my youngest niece is a dancer in high school and she performed in the Capital One Bowl half-time show on New Year s Day this year.  It s something she s been working towards for over three years, with lots of training and lots of fund-raising.  It was exciting for her and exciting for all of us back in Nebraska watching the half-time show on television.
Her mother accompanied her on that trip and one of the many cool things they got to do was visit Walt Disney World.  So of course I asked them to keep an eye out for any cool Disney-branded candy wrappers. hotel nash miami Though their schedules were packed, they managed to do some hunting for me and brought back four awesome pieces of Walt Disney World candy.
I have a great pair of friends who both blog about candy (independently of each other) and they ve both captured some really hotel nash miami cool Disney park-exclusive hotel nash miami candy products from recent years.  I d like to share a few of those with you.
Back in 2007 my friend Cybele did a fantastic write-up of Disney Park-exclusive candy on her amazing Candyblog hotel nash miami site .  You can check out her Disney candy write-up at this link , but I wanted to share a few highlights from her post here these are yet more cool Disney Park exclusive wrappers:
Though I ve already got a great assortment of Disney Park candy packaging, just seeing the pieces that Sera and Cybele captured makes me want to track those down for my own collection!  Boy are those pieces cool!
I hope you ve enjoyed checking out all of this great candy packaging that you could only ever find in Disney s theme parks.  I ve no doubt that a lot of these may have survived, becoming sentimental souvenirs hotel nash miami of magical family trips, and tucked into scrapbooks all over the world.
There are a lot of gaps in today s post, so I m sure I ve missed all kinds of Disney Park candy packages released over the years.  If you ve got any Disney candy packaging hotel nash miami you saved as a souvenir during a visit to one of the parks, shoot me a picture of it and drop me a line I d love to see what you ve got!
This has already been a really long post, but I ve got one last group of things to share with you today; a selection hotel nash miami of beautiful vintage souvenir store bags from Disney parks.  These might have contained candy bars, or they might have contained miniature license plates,  patches, buttons, t-shirts or any of the other myriad goodies you can get at the parks.
Although it s difficult to make it out, the style of this final bag is actually pictured in my childhood Disney World vacation photo at the top of today s post.   If you go back and look carefully, you might be able to make it out.
This entry was posted in 1970's , 1980's , 1990's , Chocolate hotel nash miami , Hard Candy , Wonka and tagged 1970's hotel nash miami , 1980's hotel nash miami , candy collecting , candy collection , candy collector , candy wrapper collection , candy wrapper collector , collectible , collecting candy , confectionery , confections , Disney , Disneyland , licensed , packaging , sweets , theme park , vintage candy wrapper , Walt Disney World , wrapper . Bookmark the permalink .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий